View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes, indeed, I follow all of that.
A nice, clear, explaination for the benefit of those readers less experienced here.

What I was asking about would have been __non-standard__ behavior that (after thinking / sleeping on the question) would require that (since this is running under X) <CTRL><ALT>F* to start another instance on a __different__ X11 display (which would be on a different /dev/tty* - since one is already captured).

Not impossible, but probably not worth the programming effort.

Which gets me to where I was headed anyway.

So while this "heavy weight" on-Kindle terminal display is useful in itself;
The other project here, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178983 of JoppyFur is also still useful.

If it does not involve (I don't think it is an X11 app) the graphical display system, then it would be much easier to add virtual terminal support to that project.

Since the majority of the readers on this forum are probably not *nix users, it may be hard for them to imagine "why" support for the multiple virtual terminals would be useful.

Answering those questions might lead to a fairly long thread, and it would be probably better to open a "VT Support" thread once JF gets his project closer to being finished.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote