View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #298
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnDreamer View Post
I hope this is okay to post here. I tried to search but didn't come up with anything so far. When creating a catalog I would like a much similar and smaller one. Perhaps just Title/Author/Description and even just Author/Title. Is there a way to do that? I saw where I could get rid of the option to generate the tags in the catalog, but the generated catalog is still quite large. I want to be able to share what books I have with friends but if they see how big of a file 1,500 books creates with the default settings, they won't bother to browse the catalog!
You can create a CSV catalog with only the fields you want, create a text file in your favorite spreadsheet program, import the text file to calibre, then create the ebook output format you want.

If you want the existing EPUB or MOBI format to have more (less) output options, create an enhancement request as detailed in the first post in this thread.

G