View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #31
David J. Guyton
Connoisseur
David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleDude View Post
I can understand why you're upset, and I do think the lists should be adjusted in some way to account for free versus paid (folks, can we not provide this information in feedback to Amazon?). But I really think it's not as bad as you say. Most discerning readers, including discerning readers of sci-fi and fantasy, are not going to be swayed by numbers but by reputation among readers and reviews by trusted reviewers.

(I may feel differently if my novel, if I ever finish it, gets swamped by freebies from the big houses. If so, you are welcome to say 'I told you, dude.').

Haha...I can assure you, when your book is done, you'll feel the same way I do. You'll become obsessed with your amazon stats and it will eventually drive you totally insane.

Get to work on that novel!
David J. Guyton is offline   Reply With Quote