Thread: verifying html
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneFancher View Post
Okay...I've gone in and eliminated all traces of fonts other than Stowe Open Face, which is the most universally "swallowed" of every font I've run across. Taken them out of the fonts folder. Changed all css font calls to SOF, and taken out all trace of the other fonts in the @font calls at the beginning. Still nothing. So...I don't think the problem lies in the fonts or the font code.

Other weird thing: I have two series that I'm coding for online sale. One entire series is showing the fonts in ADE. The other isn't. At this point I'm getting totally weirded out! If it were the 'NetWalkers series, I wouldn't worry. Wesley has played so many games on my computer since this project started, I could easily blame him...but that's the series that's working!

There some code I can't get at in Sigil...for instance, the calibre generated TOC. Is there any chance something in there could be fouling it up? Is there a way to get at it? (Grasping at straws here.)

I know I should just leave it...most readers have to have the "generic" version anyway, but the mystery's getting to me now!

Thanks again, everyone.
Are you using Windows?
Unzip the EPUB, Notepad++ (free) is a great text editor with lots of coder features (like Sigil CV, but way more
You can right-click "Edit With Notepad++" any of the files (except images)

There may be a "leftover" from one of your font choices in the NCX.
I would also worry about ant font filename with a space
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote