View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #30
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I don't know how publishers operate in Australia. Since it has been this way for some time it may be difficult to change.

I'm sure it's very frustrating. Maybe instead one should look at all the positives to living in Australia: high standard of living, friendly people, great weather, low crime, accessible health care, affordable housing, beautiful countryside, beaches, flora and fauna, stability, prosperity. It's no wonder Australians are listed as one of the happiest in the world.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/travel...ries-to-visit/

Perhaps, that's worth paying a few dollars more for books.
Yes. Of course it is. If the choice was between all of the wonderful things you mention and cheaper ebooks then there is no real choice to make. But it is not. Australia is not called the lucky country for nothing. But we are always looking to make things even better. It does not seem to me to follow that the fact that we are lucky in many areas means that we should be ripped off, or indeed that our prosperity is a licence for us being ripped-off, though it may be a rationalisation for some.

I'm not sure what country you yourself are from, but each have their advantages and disadvantages. The US is also a very lucky country, as is the UK, New Zealand and others. That does not mean that readers in any country deserve to be ripped-off.

Last edited by darryl; 07-27-2014 at 05:04 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote