Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #130
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Thanks - very interesting indeed! Fontin used to be my favourite font, until I ran into this ligature problem on the Kobo. In fact, after reading your post I have checked again and "officer" is being rendered as "o cer", i.e., it is using the ffi ligature and not ff as I initially thought (in the source epub there are no ligature characters). I may add the ffi ligature to Fontin to get around this problem. In fact Fontin is the only font I have found so far which has this problem, especially with the word "officer" (common enough in the military history fiction I tend to read).
In one book I read, a major characters last name was ffolkstone. Of course, the ff ligature at the start of the name represents a capital F and there is no Ff or FF ligature to use in that spot but to some, it looked strange not to have a capital letter at the start of the name.

Also attached a copy of the modified font tester file as modified and sent back to me.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub Font Tester V2a - Ann Onymous.epub (5.0 KB, 346 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote