View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I finally got it working. It may have been any or a combination of a few things:

1) I had never completely un-installed Bonjour as I thought I had. I had re-installed it over an existing install. This time I un-installed it properly and on the new install I ended up with a desktop icon and a folder in the start menu, which I never had before.

2) I downloaded a Java upgrade that had been sitting ignored in my taskbar for a while.

3) I unchecked "Allow Anonymous Sharing" and just left "Enable Sharing" checked.

Whatever, it works now. I converted a text document to epub and was able to upload and read it. The formatting was pretty good. I also uploaded a pdf (full of tables) which didn't turn out so well.

All this on my Vista Desktop. Now to try my XP/Vista laptop.

Thanks again for the help dordale.

Last edited by daffy4u; 08-27-2008 at 09:58 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote