View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #1616
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I had this really odd few minutes where...

Spoiler:
I kept forgetting that Molly was there, until Harry mentioned it again, so for a bit I was thinking of the others present since Sarissa was now "assigned". I kid you not, for half a second, I actually wondered if Mac was the next Winter Lady. Yeah, I know that makes no sense, but I think I was caught up in "end of the book panic". And honestly, we don't know WTF he is. I mean, I'm pretty sure whatever he is isn't female, but at this point nothing would surprise me.

**Snort**

Oh, thanks for reminding me about him. I forgot there was a question about his .. umm .. being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
So I was going to plow right into the Shift Omnibus, but it's not on the reader yet and the USB cable wasn't where I could reach it from the bed (yeah, I know) so I decided to dive into one that's been on my "Next Reads" list FOREVAH - Already Dead by Charlie Huston, first of the Joe Pitt Casebooks. And then I find that Huston doesn't like the usual writing conventions, like properly formatted dialog. And now I don't know if I'm going to keep reading. Just because Cormac McCarthy got away with it, doesn't mean other people can. Huston uses em-dashes. That's it. Just em-dash before the words spoken.

-- Someone says this.
-- Someone else says this.
-- This person chimes in.

I'm annoyed.

Yeesh! Both the missing cable and the annoying format sucks!! Hopefully the story is compelling enough to allow you to continue resting in bed, and enjoy your reading.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote