View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
On a serious note: my goal was more practical. I was trying to find a neutral gesture
which could serve as a user special action introducer, and at the same time, minimally
disturb the standard Kindle software. Based on what I observed, the "Tool Tripletap" was
excluded from consideration. Events of this kind are not signaled (by the driver?) and
do not reach the application. The reason for that is currently unknown.
Do you want to implement launchpad analog for PW?

If it will help you, you can intercept user press on Menu button with lipc-set-prop command (but don't use double click event, as shown in linked example, it's very hard to make double click). interrogatePillow property of com.lab126.pillow allows to execute arbitrary JavaScript code in context of HTML page representing top bar (with search field, Menu button, etc.). With manipulating of DOM you can also add your own button to top bar. It will be a bit like GUI launcher, but it will work not only at Home screen.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote