View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #271
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Random observations that I've garnered from reading and watching science fiction:

• Cockroaches and rats haven't figured out how to get onto space ships, unless they are full-sized representatives of an alien species.
  • Forget about fancy-shmancy weapons - just bombard a planet with meteors.
  • Anything can be fixed if you can access the Jeffries tube.
  • There's always some idiot who wants to rule the world/planet/system/universe.
I would think pest-control is somewhat easier in space which should be easily locked and sectioned. Just pump poison in/air out area by area and you are done.

I do like kinetic weapons, they could realy be the futures weapon. Maybe just use large piece of metal with sufficient thermal shielding and get nice amount of kinetic energy...

I would say it's good desing to have access to most parts from inside ship, saves lot of trouble, some parts aren't so easy but most things should be...

Just look at politics, it's general nature of humans and we will never get away from it unless we start killing every sociopath and narcist now, including most politicians and bussiness leaders...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote