View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
This is the first time I had ever seen this feature, but I just did some research and it looks like the "New Service" has been around since at least early 2006. The headline on their webpage suckered me. It said, "NEW! Read your books online."

It also looks like they have an "Amazon Upgrade" store just like they have a "Kindle Store". There are just over 68,500 books in the "Amazon Upgrade" store. So it looks like there are no implications for a Kindle 2.0 and this was just some half-hearted venture they launched even before they developed the current version of the Kindle.

Sorry to have gotten anyone's hopes up.
Not to worry. Speaking strictly for myself, I am perfectly content with my Kindle as it is. I don't need color, folders, bigger screen, etc. Even if they came out with a new one tomorrow, and offered a 1-1 trade, I wouldn't take advantage...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote