View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
The problem with using the Nexus for PDFs is that I have to have a wireless connection to read more than a couple of pages (my ebooks and PDFs live in the cloud for sync reasons when I'm travelling). For some reason, PDFs read in a browser window and don't download to FBReader or CoolReader which means if I don't have a connection then they don't render properly). Hence, I wanted a dedicated ereader with decent on-board storage and the capability to use SD cards.
How were you storing it? I know in Dropbox you can favorite a file, then it will store locally, and it should open in the app-opener dialog, not default to the browser???

Unless you tried downloading it through the browser? Google Chrome and Firefox can both view PDF natively, now, so you'd have to specifically choose to "save as".

I believe several ereader apps can integrate directly with Dropbox, too. It should (again) locally store the file, and update when necessary, just like the desktop client.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote