View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #59
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm almost convinced my next phone will be a Note 2. Not anytime soon, probably not even before the Note 3 debuts, but I've started saving for it and perhaps after the N3 hits prices will be more to my liking. I wish I had multiwindow on my transformer. I like the pixel density, I've heard good things about SAMOLED and I like that it's not pentile. There's not much point in even insanely high res, high contrast screens if you're gonna blur them up with questionable pixel configuration. As a reader especially, sharp text is very important to me, and even barely perceptible blur can lead to eye strain and discomfort after long reading sessions.

If the GS4 has spen and isn't pentile, I might go that way instead. I've heard speculation that both would be true, and since it is inching ever closer to the size of the original note, spen becomes more practical. But I'm not counting on speculation, and the N2 looks pretty dandy even if GS4 disappoints.

Poor Syd (my HTC Touch Pro2 and primary reader) is getting pretty aged. The speed is tolerable, though I can't update Kindle (et al) anymore as the newer versions are too much for her to handle. I'd like to have a nice solid replacement before she turns 4.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote