View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #66
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
A question has come up in the August vote thread about if past choices from the general book club should be allowed.

For regular voting months, I see no need for any rule, as if a choice gets enough support to win then I don't see why it would matter if it was selected for the other book club before, though I'd say members should feel free to mention if it was a previous selection as a reason for others to possibly not vote for it, should they choose to do so.

However, for the Lottery months, where one member chooses the selection, things become hazier. Should they be allowed to choose a work that has been chosen as the general book club's selection since it's a separate club? If not, then should there be a cut-off point, such as it can't have been a general book club selection in the past year or two, or should it have never been a selection?

Since many of us are members of both, I'd lean towards at least not allowing anything chosen by the other book club within the last year for Lottery months, and possibly longer. What say you?

Last edited by sun surfer; 07-26-2011 at 12:57 AM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote