View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #161
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
How would that be any different than feeding the epub directly to kindlegen? My reason for using calibre as an intermediate step is because calibre does a much better job of translating/flattening an ePub's CSS into a mobi that more accurately reflects the original (visibly) than kindlegen currently does. Kindlegen can then take the mobiunpack output and create the final mobi (with the approved tools). Or am I missing something?
I believe the --kindlegen option did the usual conversion to mobipocket-specific HTML, but them used kidnlegen to compile it into an actual mobipocket file rather than calibre's own mobipocket file generation code.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote