View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimad View Post
Not quite sure what you mean by "it needs to be indexed before its searchable" but I assure you that I search it all the time via the built-in capabilities of my Kindle. The newest version of Magic Catalog should be "complete" excepting the issue of Illustrated vs Non-Illustrated -- which information PG does not appear to make available conveniently.
Meaning that you can't just put the catalog on your Kindle and start searching it. You have to give the Kindle some time to index it before it becomes searchable. I don't know how long that would take on a work that size.

As far as being complete, I'll have to take another look, but the works of Algernon Blackwood (one of my favorites) don't seem to be there as far as I can tell.

Also, I want to be clear, I'm not disparaging the catalog at all. I just don't personally find it compelling enough to use. That opinion is subject to change of course.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote