View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #488
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JensW View Post
By the way Willus,
what I always forgot to ask... Why "k2pdfopt"? How did you chose this name for the converter? :-)
While I think I like Markom's explanation better, I must confess it was not a very creative choice, and one that I made before I ever thought I'd actually distribute the program (I thought it would be a simple little tool for my own use on my Kindle 2). It says right on the web page, at the beginning of the "ABOUT" section:

K2pdfopt (Kindle 2 PDF Optimizer) is a stand-alone program...

BTW, the next release, which will have its own GUI (Windows only, and not nearly as complete as Jens', but enough to set the most commonly used options, and with a preview window) is probably ~2 months away. The GUI is nearing completion but still has some frustrating bugs (curse you, Win32 API). Then I have to chase out the various reported bugs from v1.65 and do regression testing, which can take a while. Command-line fans fear not--you'll still be able to use k2pdfopt exactly like always, and it will still work with Jens' GUI.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote