View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #77
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Yes, it's true, they are awful. But I thought they were fun to hate. And I actually liked the ending. I am someone who hated the ending of Into the Woods, so if you've read that one, just know that the ending is nothing like that. Gone Girl was one of my favorites of 2012: not great literature, just a very fun read.

eP
The "not great literature" part kept this page-turner from my list. The twists of the plot were fantastic, but I thought the writing was clunky and the male perspective missed the mark. It didn't help that I read it after reading Edith Wharton, who captured the essence of a trapped man perfectly in Ethan Frome.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote