View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoenK View Post
I suspect that something crashed the bootloader.
Is there any way to rewrite the thing completely ?
Yep :-) Plus, you can do this by using USB access only. See the thread that geekmaster referenced.

But in order to analyze what is going on, I would rather like to hear more about this part:
Quote:
only brings a short message, but seems to be the standard one when its bricked
What brings a message? The Kindle? What message?

Did you try to reboot while holding the <Enter> (arrow) button pressed? Does the recovery menu pop up? (If so, bootloader and kernel+initramfs are fine and the root filesystem is likely the culprit.)

Otherwise, in the referenced thread I documented how I flashed a kernel. Likewise, I did also flash the root filesystem. And I don't see any difficulties for flashing the boot loader.

Last edited by hawhill; 07-01-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Mistake: should be <Enter>, not <Home>
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote