Thread: Development tips on pe/ee development
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Thanks all for your kind words.Thank kammerer for your great reader software.Thanks sunlifeng for the key code for zoom button and codes for mmap.

sunlifeng I'm not leaving the pe/ee community but my enthusiasm for development on pe/ee waned. I do not want to damp down your spirits but the first day I tried to write fb2 I noticed odd power consumption in my pe which was eventually out of battery with a red flash led.

Anyway I got one more tip to share. echo 7 > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/update_mode will put your eink to update mode 15 which is used by the eink journal and calendar software. In this mode you can write on the eink screen. I found this when looking for the 1 bit mode of eink in pe,which I was hoping to use for creating a prompt eink web browser. Unfortunately I didn't find the 1 bit mode.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote