View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
"Of course, any person with a brain the IQ of 80 or more would understand that!"

It is rather dumb to cause such a mess for your customers assuming that the competition doesn't have 400$ to get their hands on your holly software. " of course any person.... would realize that"

On the other hand, this all secrecy and complications serve the competition just perfect. While others make the sources for their OS and for their apps public ...Ectaco goes the other way around with Windows CE as OS :-))

PS: focus on the issue, let the IQ of the others alone, prove that way that you are smart
I dont know why they did WinCE 6.0, unless they were extremely familiar with it

From Freescale.com, the i.MX508 processor that they're using has android and ubuntu BSP (search for "Board Support Packages". There is a "WinCE 6.0 BSP" link, but it goes to another site, and as far as I can search, that site doesn't have a MX508 WinCE 6.0 BSP. There are MX51/MX53 WinCE 6.0 BSPs though, but they have slightly different features, unsure if its totally compatible... im testing)

the i.MX50 software tools has android gingerbreard and linux, but no win ce 6.0. (if you look at the i.MX233 software tools, WinCE 6.0 is listed.... so freescale doesn't have a (public) WinCE 6.0 build for the processor... yet ectaco decided to build their own?

Last edited by paperwastage; 03-04-2012 at 09:42 PM.
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote