View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #53
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeap.
Offline mode needed.

When I buy something, i want the something to be on a hard drive i can control.

Cloud only thingy, rental.
WEll, with HTML 5 there is an offline reading option. Its interesting that on a site full of techies, practically no one seems to know that there is an offline reading option for various cloud reading solutions.

Here is a reporton the Financial Times web app

LINK

Here is the Kindle Cloud Reader , which has an offline reading mode

LINK

Quote:
Once you authorize Cloud Reader to take up more space on the device, you're presented with a screen listing every book you have purchased. Tap and hold any book and it will begin downloading for offline reading. You can toggle between Cloud and Downloaded books using tabs at the bottom of the screen.
Things have moved on, but on Mobile Read, its still 2007
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote