View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #10844
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Currently reading Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes - and it's simply riveting. Not at all the sort of book I normally read. Hard core Vietnam War novel, but I guess I knew just enough guys who served over there that I find the detail and the graphic descriptions of how they lived (and how they were jerked over by the officers and the politics) to make for a great novel. This isn't Rambo stuff - it's real people caught up in history and politics and vaguely surreal situations.

Now I hear Marlantes has a new, non-fiction book out where he expounds a bit on one of the events from Matterhorn that was based on his personal experience. Which kind of explains why the novel is such a gripping read.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote