Thread: video in epub
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think what Hitch is saying: Put a Picture of the screen shape size your
video will occupy (aplacemat.jpg. could even be a screen shot of the title),and note the filename that contains it.

AFTER your EPUB has passed Flightcrew and been FINAL saved.
Unpack the Epub and replace the place holder code, image in the file you noted, and re-pack the EPUB.

Maybe we can get John to loosen up the Pure EPUB spec enforcement, and allow 'Non-Spec items' to be included after answering a few Nag boxes ("I authorize non-compliant inclusion")
Flightcrew only Yellow Flags extra files , so why not treat a Video as 'extra'?
Instead of just non-compliant perhaps ePub Version 3 would be appropriate as a marker, which would now do the same thing but would set a direction for the future. ePub 3 is coming. I have started to make some sense of it in the wiki but it is only preliminary. I would seem things are headed for more complications.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote