View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Tool to create Structured catalogs?

I am wondering if there are any tools around that can create a structured set of catalogs from calibre? I want to run the results on my existing web server (i.e. not use the calibre built-in one). The current calibredb command creates a flat structure constiting only of titles (or at least I think that is the only option) which is rather unwieldy as the number of books goes up.

I want to create a structure along the lines of:

Top Level
List of Titles
.. lots of books
Authors
Authors-A
... books for A authors
Authors-B
... books for B authors
etc
Series
SeriesNames
Books in Series
and so on. The idea being that each level is probably a separate catolog file, with the bottom levels finally pointing at real books.

If there is a tool that can already do this sort of thing it would be great, but if not I was thinking of writing one that would process the calibre database and produce the relevant atom style catalogs and book entries.

Any feedback/guidance/ideas would be great

Last edited by itimpi; 11-19-2008 at 11:01 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote