Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #59
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think the time that it takes to scan the books on the uSD card is the reason for the delay so even having no books in the internal storage won't make a difference to the time delay. I did try copying books to the internal storage and they showed up when the carousel came up but I have more books than will fit on the internal storage so find it easier to keep my sideloaded books on the uSD card. That way I can pull the card when doing a factory reset or other modifications instead of having to copy the files back and forth.

I also find it, for several reasons, more convenient to save the books on the uSD card. Your report brought me to the idea to just move the books that I' m actually reading from the SD card to the main memory via Calibre, hoping to avoid the double boot syndrom. But when I switch off the reader and turn it on again, there appears the same screen, now with the displaced books, and with the Kobo settings. After a while, the screen changes again to the second movement. It shows the books that I'm actually reading again, but with the surface changed by the tweaks settings. So, in fact, no advancement.

As to the SD card types: I think anybody could tell his own experiences. In my case, the SanDisc (I believe, it was a 4 MB type) was the first one that I bought and lead immediately to the crash of the KT. I tried, afterwards, another SD card of a certain brand that I don't remember, same effect. At last, I bought a no name offer in the supermarket, and this works pretty fine. I have but no means to show the processing details of it.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote