Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #10608
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
No.

All correct ('kabbadi' is the spelling I have seen, but near enough).

Snooker was invented by British soldiers in India. 'Snooker' was a term used for soldiers arriving who were new to the region, but became a word used to describe anybody new to something over time and somehow got associated with the game. Probably when somebody new to the game played a particularly bad shot, "I say Carruthers, you're such a bally snooker!"!

Bonus point if anybody can name the retired competitor I mentioned taking up dressage.
Are you talking about a horse perchance?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote