View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
The subject is confusing and so is my situation.

I currently reside in Canada and plan to purchase a Nook HD+ from the USA soon.

I previously bought a Nook ST in the UK last year and registered it while in the UK. It works fine in Canada and the UK.

So I have more than one question:
1) Can I attach a US Nook HD+ to my UK B&N account?
2) Can I attach it to said account while in Canada, or must I do it in the USA?
3) Alternatively, should I create a US account and register the Nook HD+ while in the USA? The only issue is that I will not have internet while I am there.
4) Maybe I can just totally avoid attaching / registering the Nook HD+ and root it?

I'm not really sure how the Nook registration process is limited by geography. Does it check my when I register the account, or does it check my ip when attach the device to the account? Confused...

Anyway, I think that covers it. Basically, I'm not sure of the best way to do it.
As far as I now the only check when registering is the shipping address of your account. That should be UK or US. You can register anywhere in the world.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote