View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #109
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I don't like unvisible watermark either. More on purely ethical consern. You should trust your customers.
And a visible one should be used as well, to clearly tell your curstomer you consider him a thief.
I think that is much too strong. Are you bothered by stores that have security cameras and tags on their merchandise? Do you feel that they consider you to be a thief when you walk into a store?

There ARE thieves around and in the end we honest buyers wind up paying the tab for the thieves in the stores and for the pirates that widely distribute the ebooks. It means companies have to charge higher prices to cover their lost sales. I don't take it personal. Blame the pirates -- not the companies that watermark digital files. Better protection that doesn't restrict me is good for me. And a watermark does not prevent any legitimate use of an ebook, unlike DRM which is a pain.

Last edited by HansTWN; 10-04-2012 at 03:43 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote