View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #30
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
17" laptop - to carry around with you?
In a bag around a campus, sure. I have a thin and light laptop that is easy to carry due to weighing less than 3lbs, and if you're lugging around a few heavy text books anyway, adding a laptop bag is not that big a deal.

The main thing a laptop has going for it in the above scenario is that it's one single piece. A tablet with a docking station and a keyboard (even worse if the two are separate) is more of a hassle to transport and set up, than a device where all you have to do is open the lid and press a button.

Different strokes for different folks in the end.

I have a gaming tower, a laptop that can run games easily, a Touchpad, and a smart phone, in addition to an eReader. They excel at different things, and I use them for different things. It would never, ever, occur to me to try and write a novel on the Touchpad, and I certainly wouldn't try to run Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the laptop.

Let's just say that if I had to pick one single device for everything... it wouldn't be one of the small portable ones, and no, I don't need a moment to think that over. A powerful PC can do anything the other three can, the smaller ones can do some, but not all. Easy as that.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote