View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
It has weak GPU, though - worse than the one on the Galaxy Tab; much worse than the one on the iPad 2. (Although probably twice as good as the gpu on the Tegra 2). I think that's a weird choice when so much of their marketing seems to focus on gaming.
I'm not sure where your getting your facts, but the GTab uses the T2; the iPad uses the PowerVR

The T3 is 3x faster than the T2. And the T2 is comparable to the PowerVR used by the iPad 2

But say that the Prime did have a poor GPU, the quad core processors would more than make up for that.

Quote:
I'm not sure how much they need the quad-core, but I really like the fifth chip: having a low power chip to save power for routine, non-demanding applications when the tablet is off really makes a lot of sense.
It depends on what it's used for. But for video editing, gaming, high def video, etc the quad core will make a difference.

Right now games have to scale down to handle the lower processors speeds but when most tablets have quad or better game graphics will get better too.

Quote:
I do like how the transformer has a dock with an integrated keyboard (which isn't new), and with integrated extra power (which is new). I only wish it were $100 rather than $150.
Agreed cheaper is better, but remember you also get additional features like a USB host and an SD card reader.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote