View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #26
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
While awesome, it cannot replace my ASUS ROG G74S with an i7 Quad core (8 threads), 12 GB of RAM and a 3 GB nVidia card for gaming.

When I say gaming I don't mean Angry Birds, I mean hardcore gaming e.g. Battlefield 3, Dead Island, etc. etc.

No tablet will be up to par for those games for quite some time.
And that doesn't even begin to cover the differences between tablets, big laptops, and the gaming tower that I have at home. Let me know when they have 24-inch tablets with surround sound, 8GB RAM, a DirectX 11 video card and six-core CPUs.

And this doesn't just apply to gaming, by the way. Videographers, photographers, architects, and any other profession where large screens and copious amounts of processing power is a necessity to get the job done and keep the revenue flowing, will never abandon PCs for tablets. Not until tablets have evolved so far from what they currently are that they no longer are what we think of as a tablet today.

If all a person ever uses their computer for is email, Facebook and Twitter, then a tablet can probably be enough, but to paraphrase The Onion a little bit, "in the business world, where people use computers to do actual work rather than just ***ing around, it's doubtful that tablets will take over"
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote