View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
um YES!!!

But seriously the T3( quad core--it really has 5 cores) allows the tablet to processes 1080p video and other high end graphics (shades,colors,lighting,etc...) and consume less energy. That is part of the reason why the battery life went from 8hrs to 12hrs.
I'm not sure how much they need the quad-core, but I really like the fifth chip: having a low power chip to save power for routine, non-demanding applications when the tablet is off really makes a lot of sense.

It has weak GPU, though - worse than the one on the Galaxy Tab; much worse than the one on the iPad 2. (Although probably twice as good as the gpu on the Tegra 2). I think that's a weird choice when so much of their marketing seems to focus on gaming.

I do like how the transformer has a dock with an integrated keyboard (which isn't new), and with integrated extra power (which is new). I only wish it were $100 rather than $150.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote