View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So are you condoning stealing music, merely because some people who do so also buy legitimate music? Sorry, but to my mind, the crime is not removed or "legitimized" merely because of that.
I'm not saying it was legal, I'm saying that sales were up. So instead of learning from the Napster model and say offering sample songs available online at say a low bitrate of 64k they just shut down Napster. They didn't look at the big picture. The big picture was that it was not harming sales at all. It was increasing sales. They could have overlooked things that time while sales were up till sales started to drop and then go after Napster. But trying to shut down something that is making you money is rather silly.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote