View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
Farseer books by Robin Hobb - *loved* these
If you like Robin Hobb, you ought to try the Liveship Traders trilogy. It is my favorite of hers, with Farseer second. The characters are excellent, IMO. When she is freed from first person narrative (ala Fitz), she can really develop others! It's also set in the same world (but different continent, essentially) so there are some important links to the first series.

There's the Tawny Man trilogy, which is a followup to the Farseer trilogy, and features Fitz as an adult. He's a pretty angsty/irritable grown man, let me tell you! It's pretty good, and answers a lot of questions left by the first series. Though it was written after the Liveship Traders, and it's helpful to read them in order because of certain links (spoiler to tell which ones).

She has another recent trilogy set in a different world (starts with Soldier Son? I think?) but I haven't seen it garnishing as high of reviews. My wife read the first one (she's read all the others) and decided the trilogy wasn't worth reading.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote