View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #505
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboards View Post
I have had several problems with ordering ebooks from the as well, and I haven't even ordered that many! There's one called "Labyrinth of Osiris" which, to this day, contains the wrong book entirely! They not only didn't fix it, after months and months, and after being informed twice (at least) about it, but they never responded to PayPal when I was forced to go through them (PayPal) for a refund, where I reiterated the info. PayPal refunded my money after a period during which they repeatedly contacted Kobo for a response, to no avail.
I have only recently (finally) decided to attempt buying a few more ebooks, at low prices and/or with promo codes, but only after verifying (with a sample) that the content looks correct. (Just wanted to have a few fresh ebooks/kepubs for when the Aura arrives.)
I had the same issue with a book I bought from them a few months ago. It was an omnibus and contained a completely different series by the same author. It took 2-3 calls, because nobody seemed to understand that the book I bought and the book in the file are 2 different books, before I was able to get a credit (not a refund) added to my account.

Just this week my co-worker purchased a book and it refused to download to her desktop app or Kobo Touch. After 4 phone calls in 6 days it's still not working and they won't refund her money. It's a $16 book. They keep telling her "We're working on fixing the issue" and expect her to wait who knows how many days/months until they fix it instead of giving her a refund so she can purchase another book. She was extremely frustrated by the customer service reps, having to repeat herself several times so they would understand the simple fact that the books won't download to her reader.

I have a Kindle now but will purchase books from Kobo if I find them to be cheaper. At least with Amazon it only takes one click to return a book with a full refund (not a store credit) within 7 days. I don't see why Kobo can't implement this same service. They have one-click buying, they should have one-click returns.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote