Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #545
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Ok I'm attempting to relive some of my earlier days with reading novels which I quite enjoyed. Unfortunately I am stumped on trying to remember the title of the book.

I read it back in 1992/93 in high school (so I assume it is a young adult novel). From what I can remember the story goes along the lines of a kid who had been home schooled by his parents all his life (only child), and when moving to a new town his parents decided to send him to school. It was here where he became the victim of a bully (or bullies), and his father taught him how to defend himself. There was an incident with firecrackers? or something along those lines, and he got stuck with the nickname "Blaster".

With that description I'm probably pushing it up a hill, but I recall the enthusiasm in which my grade 7 english teacher had when it came to reading, and this is one of three (the other two being Hatchet and The Machine Gunners) which he inspired us to read.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote