View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #19
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Thanks daudi, six inches of armoured glass will get broken by teenagers.

The only real way to do this, is massive educational orders, and especially adapted and designed student versions. But more than this, a supply of quality written textbooks (very rare, in fact very very rare aside from classic novels).

The Western Australian education system is collapsing, so dumbed downed that I am thoroughly ashamed of calling myself a teacher (barely literate high school students graduating - some even getting a university place).

Getting back to where we once were (Australia once had a reputation for high quality public education we are rapidly becoming the joke of Asia) is not probably without using some technical enhancements (and I do not mean big expensive projectors etc.,. - but textbooks in abundance - e-ink solves this in a major way).

Ideally, the ebook device should be the writing device, and it should be handwriting for a variety of reasons. Iliad is taking the right direction, I want to estimate how far down the road it has to go and has already been.

In terms of pricing (especially with bulk orders) Sony comes out on top. But order size makes a big difference with everything.

However, it is early days still.

Me, I can not for much longer go on as I am, I want to use my small pool of knowledge to get things improved, or at least give it a damn good try.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote