View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #38
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GntlmnBndt View Post
It does not bother me at all, though it is one of the reasons I do not use the Kindle app. Both Stanza and eReader apps can be set to page turn with a tap rather than a swipe. It may seem a rather subtle difference, but I find the swiping gets old rather quickly, while the taps don't bother me. I do keep the font fairly large when I read without my glasses (which I often do in bed).
I use the Instapaper app in the pro version, which has a setting that allows the print to scroll based on slightly tilting the iphone/pod. It works very well - better than the tap, in my experience.

What would be very nice would to be able to move to the next page by a simple to & fro tilt. Combine that with the curl effect in Stanza, & I think it would be a psychologically satisfying reading experience.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote