View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #46
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is (IMHO) a baby feature. This is a feature that's meant to baby the user. I do not want baby features in Marvin.
I believe that whenever software can easily make 10 out of 10 users happy, instead of only 8 out of 10 users, then it should go for it.

This is why most software by Apple infuriates me: it seems to take pleasure in intentionally making only 8 out of 10 users happy, although with little effort, it could make 10 out of 10 users happy. It often feels as if Apple took pleasure and made it a point to spite the user. I for one don't wish Marvin to treat users so disrespectfully; if it did, it would be just another version of iBooks. If it's easy enough to oblige all users in a particular respect, and the feature requested is reasonable, I wish Marvin to go for it.

By all accounts, settings themes are coming to Marvin. Settings themes will associate formatting parameters like font colours and backgrounds with particular font types and font sizes. There is no reason to deny the automatic application of a settings theme upon every opening of a book, if that is what the Marvin user prefers. It's not "babying" the users; it's meeting their reasonable expectations. Most e-readers proceed in this way by default; for Marvin, it would be important to give us the choice: do not force everyone to use either one or the other option for opening books. Every Marvin user should be able to decide for oneself which mode of opening books he or she prefers.

Last edited by Faterson; 10-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote