View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #10
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
In High School I remember discovering Kafka and Dostoyevsky and being blown away.
Before that I dreaded "classics".
I think its silly to force kids to read the classics.
We dont even give them healthy food in the school cafaterias, we might as well let them read junk instead of forcing them into hunger strike.

The classics arent even tolerable to someone who doesnt enjoy the written word, and its hard to blame them when they dont have the muscle memory to keep track of everything.
My theory is that if you just have a little faith and let them read whatever they want, by college you would have a much more well rounded individual. And yes that means comic books because Harry Potter doesnt have squat on Grand Theft Auto, but zombie apocalypse's just might stand a chance.
Im ranting but it really peaces me off whenever I think about how we teach our kids not to read.
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote