View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I don't know. If you send books to the device, change the plugboard, and resend the books, I suspect they will overwrite the files already present on the device. If you change the template and then resend a book, I believe Calibre would create a copy.
Confirming your suspicion -- the templates use the original metadata to generate the path, while plugboards alter the metadata within the book. As such, unless the metadata or template change, the books will end up in the same place on the device regardless of what the plugboard contains.

Of course, should you wish it, you can change the template to use the same information as the plugboard is putting into the book. The easiest way to do this is to create a composite column (or two), then use the column(s) in both the plugboard and the template.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote