View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #20
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryp View Post
They do have good med books in kindle format, but I think I could probably also get them in ePub or another format.
If I give up on the PDF thing and I just want a low end reader that I can get a good selection of sci-fi/fantasy for in canada, is Kobo or Kindle better?
So, if you are new to this, you might not be aware of Baen. They are a traditional science fiction/fantasy publisher who has been the star of the ebook world since the late 1990's. Their stuff leans towards military and space opera. If that is your flavor you won't find a better source. Its cheap (a whole lot of it is free). It works on every reader, and it has no DRM.

Go to www.webscriptions.net and start with the link for the free library to see many books (70+) for free.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote