View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #76
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
And it works with any program, because it's in the keyboard interface.
Now that's something the WritePad app can't do on the iPad. The results can be exported to Pages, for example, but I can't use the handwriting recognition while in Pages. I can email what I write directly from WritePad, however. That's a plus.

The one thing that I really like about the app as it works on the iPad (the android version doesn't have this feature last time I looked) is that you can write anywhere on the screen; you aren't confined to writing one or two words in a text box, and the words are converted to text on the fly. That's a VERY nice feature. You still have to proof read for mistakes, though.

As far as I can tell the Surface is still locked into a text box set-up when using the handwriting recognition feature, is it not?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote