View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #23
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: NST, DX, PW1, Voyage, Oasis (1 week), Kobo Aura One (1 week)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubean View Post
When I first got my paperwhite, I was very disappointed with it because I think the fonts look fainter than my kindle keyboard. I kept examining the screen, spotting discolourations, uneven light and obsessed with changing the light settings for ages. Because I also live outside the US, I didn't really want to exchange unless there's major defects.

I showed my sister who don't use an ebook reader and she says it looks great and thinks I'm crazy. So I tried using it for awhile. I'd been using it for a few months now. Certain light settings will highlight all the things that irritate me. Luckily I found a light setting that I am comfortable with. Screen looks great with lots of light/sunlight. But I don't really notice once I start reading.

It's your choice ultimately.
Thanks, tofubean. That is how I will try to live with it, at least for another week. I contacted Amazon and showed a CSR the pictures. He said they are normal. He also said that I can only ask for a replacement once, since I'm living outside US. I've been reading like fiend on it since Friday. I do notice the discoloration sometimes.
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote