Thread: Serial Question
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
lporter
lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which Kindle is this again? A K4?

Good photo of the damaged area of the circuit board please.

Somewhere here, I posted a link to a "HowTo" make a DIY hot air soldering tool - the thing you need for SMD parts.
It's a kindle paperwhite.

I'll take a photo tomorrow. But to describe it simply, the components I've circled in blue have been taken off, leaving only the solder pads. What components are they? Decoupling capacitors?

http://imgur.com/2XrA0

Another question - I have bricked the paperwhite. It hangs at the kindle boot screen and I get nothing out of it USB-wise. The cause of this error is me flashing a non-booting system.img to it via fastboot. Any way to fix it without the serial connector?
lporter is offline   Reply With Quote