View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Sara_J
Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question How to do and structure the Appendix of a Kindle ebook?

Hiya!

I'm a bit confused as to how to structure and go about the appendix of my book, and I'd like to ask if you could please help me with some input.

I have been making a lot of tables because my book is about a science hobby that I have, and I have posted most tables where needed in the chapters, but I would like to also have the tables in the appendix for quick reference. I have decided to take snapshots of tables in Excel and then insert them as .jpeg files, and so far I have about 55 tables. I have called each table "Figure X" and I also have a few drawings that I too have given the generic "Figure" name. Thus, I so far have about 70 "Figures".

Questions I have:

1) Am I doing right in labelling the tables and drawings as figures? Should I instead label them as tables, illustrations, charts etc?

2) Shall I just put the figures into the appendix as per the numbering used in the book? E.g. Figure 4 is put as Figure 4 in the appendix too. Or do I use a different sort of numbering in the appendix?

3) The books I have seen as examples on how to do the appendix actually number the appendix with alphabetical letters and not numbers, how common is this and is it that correct way to number the appendix?

4) Is it Appendix or appendix? E.g. You can find this table in the Appendix too.

5) I have also read some people commenting that "Figure X" should be spelled as "figure X" (i.e. the "f" is not capitalized). E.g. as you can see in Figure 4, the parameters are...

6) Any other input on how to structure the Appendix please? I have hardly found anything providing fast and generic guidelines; I would appreciate if you knew of any and could tell me.

Thank you!!

Last edited by Sara_J; 11-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Sara_J is offline   Reply With Quote