View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #15
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Whilst I am of limited use on this project that does not prevent me cheerleading.

Honestly I am GOBSMACKED that something like this doesn't already exist for the device.

It is clear that the removal of the other ability aids such as TTS and guided menus is going to reduce the accessibility of the new devices.

If the effort now needs to be shifted to the alternative development community to support a properly accessible device then (aside from having the obvious pops at Amazon about such a diabolical level of support) I for one will be happy to put up some of my time to help.

Even if it is just cheerleading. (That's the last time I will have a pop at Amazon about the shoddy support)

I do have a tiny piece of input - which is to perhaps consider have a pre-process stage for extra-tricky material to convert to large fonts.

This may prevent some of the more unusual "use cases" of text conversion having to be handled by ixtab's code; and make the overall offering more robust as a complete solution.

I was thinking the pdf convertor that does huge font support would be a decent tool to leverage for those cases.

Anyways. Great job. I would be happy to help push this to an Australian buddy I have who works in the care industry when it looks something like. The level of TTS and assisted use of electronic devices is a field that could use some champions from what I have seen of it.

Good to see this one caught you Ixtab
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote