View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #29
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
And, at the end of the day this was a really trivial problem. It could be fixed at any time, in a few seconds, by simply hitting Ctrl+R. It's nice that this memory leak is fixed, but I hope the devs focus their time and energy on adding or improving functionality rather than hunting down these kinds of bugs.

Or, to put it this way: a great many people might be affected by some random issue that stops their workflow in some manner (like a new device which yet has no calibre plugin). There are very few people who have the competence and inclination to hack calibre effectively. What would you prefer them to do: help those people or add some nifty conversion feature, or hunt down very minor annoyances with trivial workarounds?

Of course each developer chooses what they'd like to improve, but I know what I'd like them to focus on.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote