View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Some basics - duplicate files, filenames

I have a couple of books "duplicated" on my Kobo. One title has a colon in it, and the "dupe" copy only has the main title ("An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy" and "An Unfinished Life" are the two filenames that show). What is the most common cause of duplications? I have another dupe - but it has the exact same name for each. Is it "safe" to delete either copy?

And when I look at my Kobo with Calibre, many of the filenames for my SD card's .pdf files are gibberish. I edited several filenames before uploading to the SD card. And they look as I want them to on the Kobo. Just alpha characters, numbers, and possible hypens - no weird characters. What might I be doing wrong within Calibre, do you think? Or, why does Calibre not realize my renamed files? Viewing them is great.

Thanks for your patience!

Clint Bradford
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote